Alcmena V1.5 Nappies
Alcmena V1.5 OSFM nappies are made to suit all babies, from 3-17kg. It comes with two inserts, to ensure you can customise the absorbency to best fit your little one.
Alcmena's One-Size Modern OSFM Cloth Nappies and Inserts are made out of the highest-quality‚ bamboo fibre, making it super soft and extremely absorbent!
With a snap-in 5-layer (pure) bamboo insert for daytime use (no folding or stuffing required!) and a pocket-option to add a 5-layer bamboo booster, you'll have the extra absorbency you need to cover your baby for all occasions!
Bamboo Inner: Our PUL covers are lined with bamboo
- This makes the nappy shell extremely soft on your baby's bottom
- Exclusively Bamboo Inserts: The 5-layer snap-in insert is made exclusively out of super absorbent bamboo.
Easy-To-Use Pocket: We've made our AI2 nappies even easier to use by creating two openings for the pocket opening (front and back).
- So you can simply pull through the booster when you need the extra layer.
4 Rows of Snaps: Whilst still OSFM, our nappies are designed to specifically fit for those smaller newborns. The extra row of snaps allows the nappy to be made even smaller!
- When using the night booster on smaller bubs (where the snaps are on the lowest rise setting), fold the booster in half and place it in the pocket - position the booster in the front of the nappy (for boys) or middle/back (for girls).
Sizing: One Size Fits Most (OSFM) ~ 3-15kg
- It will carry your baby through, from birth till toilet training!
- Outer Material: Waterproof PUL
- Inner Material: Bamboo Fibre
- Double-gusseting around the legs (to minimise leaks)
- SGS Certified
Please note the following changes to our v1.5 nappies:
- The lining has been changed to stay-dry Jersey, providing a stay-dry layer that many have requested!
- There is now a tummy-elastic to reduce any gaping!
- The hourglass insert has been updated to hemp from bamboo (the Night booster will still be bamboo to provide you with the best of both fibres)
- The closure will be Square (rather than R
WHY WE LOVE THE "V1.5 POCKET" NAPPIES
1. Customisable Absorbency
These nappies come with 2x inserts that equate to 10 layers of absorbency. Each nappy comes with the following:
- 1x 5-layer Hemp (hourglass) insert; and
- 1x 5-layer Bamboo (rectangular) insert
Use one or the other, or both to achieve the perfect absorbency for your little one!
Some quick tips:
- If using both inserts together, we recommend snapping the Bamboo onto the Hemp insert (as Bamboo absorbs a little bit quicker than Hemp).
- If using the rise snaps, we recommend not snapping the inserts in at the front (only the back, if at all) so that the inserts don't pull the front of the nappy down).
2. Stay-Dry Pocket Lining
These nappies feature an athletic-jersey ("AWJ") pocket lining. By stuffing the insert(s) into the pocket, you can experience all the benefits of AWJ as it draws away the moisture and keeps your baby's bottom cool and dry.
3. Double-Ended Pocket Openings
It is super easy to stuff these nappies with its wide pocket opening at the front and back! Stuffing nappies has never been easier!
4. Tummy Elastic
Generally a tummy gap is fine, but these nappies will get you that extra awesome fit with a tummy elastic that minimises that gap!
5. Double Gussets
The built-in double gussets on the jersey lining provides an extra barrier against any explosions escaping from these nappies.
6. Front and Back PUL Flaps
The front and back flaps are waterproof PUL so that any moisture is channelled up and under the flap, keeping your bub's tummy and back nice and dry.
7. One-Size-Fits Most
These are a slightly trimmer nappy than our Wipe Clean nappies, fitting from 3-17kg. The shell is slightly smaller as it does not need to accommodate as much absorbency, and is perfect for achieving a trim fit without a lot of bulk.
This is the nappy for you if...
- You want to use cloth nappies from birth, but would prefer not to invest in Newborn nappies;
- You prefer a trimmer nappy, especially to fit under clothes;
- Your baby is a light to moderate wetter so you don't need heaps of absorbency (especially at night);
- You prefer a pocket nappy that has a stay-dry layer
If you answered "Yes" to any of the above, this is the nappy for you!
Photo Credit: @virtualmemoriestog